Friday, January 31, 2014

CIRCLING BOOMERANG AND OTHER POEMS

Dear Ones,

 Here is poetry on love and war.  But the great one is love–with war still wondering what for.



Poems by Helene Smith
copyright©2012
www.macdonaldsward.com

CIRCLING BOOMERANG

Mass death to patience, as evolution dies,
Like malignant tumors glowing nuclear in size.
Labyrinths of carnage how much must man bear,
Terrorism to fight violence all caught in its snare.

Archaic slaughter of futile war,
The world ever asking what for, what for?
“The essence of war is violence,” said historian Thom Macaulay,
No better truth ever said, even in our day.

No more mass weapons of mortal sorrow,
Speak out for peace and a better tomorrow,
Not for ourselves programmed to vice,
But for our children we sacrifice.


 DEJA VUE
   
The moment I looked into your eyes
I knew we had loved before.
Your infectious laughter, how could I forget
The memory of your twinkling smile.

Your sweet soul blended with mine,
Passion that will never die,
The light of my life, my constant mate,
My eternal sigh.

CHORUS

The love of centuries still haunts me so,
Somewhere, some place, in space and time,
Like shadow mountains and rolling seas,
I see your face wherever I go.
Deja vue.  Deja vue.  It all comes back to me.  Deja vue, how I love you so.

(Theme song lyrics and poem from H. Smith’s drama, Where Eagles Fly–about homeless veterans of foreign wars,)


       TO BEE OR NOT TO BEE

To bee or not to bee,
Was Shakespeare’s quest,
Whether it is best to bee for peace,
Or whether it is best to sting for war,
I don’t know which bee you will bee,
But for me, a champion for peace I will be.