Monday, February 2, 2015

SO WHAT'S THE BEEF ABOUT A PIGSKIN?

As a devotee of fantastic commercials during the Super Bowl game last night I couldn't help but think how man and some of the media fixate on the deflation a football instead of the inflation of swollen brain damage that players have suffered for eons of time.

Dear Ones,

War and football have common competitive outcomes–suicide from warriors' shock and awe of brutality to their entire bodies in the games of rivalry. For years I have heard parents say, "No son of mine is ever going to play football."

But now the officials and medical authorities are concerned more than ever before about the overpowering game of football.  Roman chariot races held in arenas also had black marks for brain damage and deaths, despite improved helmets.

According to Vito Stellino, journalist for the Florida Times-Union newspaper, "When I first heard about players killing themselves, I couldn't figure out how they could do that, but I was having those thoughts myself.  Once the pain starts getting that bad. you figure you take the only way out. If I would have had a gun I probably wouldn't be here."

Unless football is no longer harmful to the players, perhaps robots of the future could clash their own heads together and let the bread and circus go on.

Mame,
helenesmith1.blogspot.com  abolitionist in favor of abolishing bogus race that triggers endless religious racist wars in their ring of fire