Friday, January 8, 2016

WHEN LOVING PARENTS LOSE A CHILD

The old adage is the familiar saying "The most difficult thing to endure in the world is when your beloved children die. I know exactly the agony of what parents of combat soldiers go through. Last night on CNN President Obama gave the greatest presidential address in a question and answer program concerning gun safety.  Both he and Anderson Cooper were excellent regarding this watershed moment when the United States in a town hall atmosphere came together to discuss our serious problem in which America has more non-combat gun fatalities among civilians than any other nation.

I was especially impressed with his sincere and honest feelings about soldiers coming home in caskets from terrorism, what war is all about.

This is why I write everyday. I, too, would die from constant grief.  But I want to be with my other children to support them as much as I can. There are no answers for me.  If it wasn't that I write a blog to try to help others, I would be in deep depression and would be a suicide victim.

So what do loving parents do when they lose one child or more?  None of us are here on this beautiful planet in which total bombing to hell is man's greatest weakness. We only have a short period to enjoy life, compared to the millions of years humanity has existed.  So find some way to help and enlighten others and this will relieve your daily sorrow as it helps me.  Bring laughter and joy to our own niches we occupy.  And we too will be happy.

Helene Smith (Mame),
World Enlightened News (W.E.N.)