Monday, May 16, 2016

AS A BELIEVER IN NO MAN-MADE LAW RELIGION, I DO NOT VOTE FOR ONE PARTY UNLESS I TRUST THE CANDIDATE

This unwavering belief I have held all my life in which I have always prayed for my family and others. My spiritual sense of being at peace in nature is strong as an eagle and I am happy. As Mark Twin would say, "I thank god every day I don't have to go to church!" I am no hypocrite when it comes to church attendance.

Years ago in my research there was a devoted priest who when he died and his daily diary was read, the pious around him were shocked.  He wrote, "All my life I never believed any of  these falsehoods. My faith was that of Thomas Jefferson who left his Jeffersonian Bible on  his nightstand–only the good words attributed to Jesus, a fragile document now in the Smithsonian archives.  The president even eliminated the phrase "and he rose from the dead" as well as his virgin birth, an ancient belief copied from archaic Egyptians. The priest who shunned dogma added, "But I enjoyed being kept and all my expenses paid."

So, too, I have  never held my nose and voted for someone I didn't trust. I could not live with myself if I restricted my vote to one party. Why would anyone vote for the party's sake?  To me that would be as bad as giving in to fascism or some other corrupt belief. Today candidates are seldom pure conservatives or pure liberals, so voting results in a presidential election end up as a leader of the highest office having mixed feelings. Besides, government needs to stay out of the personal lives of its members when it comes being swayed by one belief or the other in Superior Court decisions.

Helene World Enligjtened News (W.E.N.)